November 14, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to Life Abounds. Over the past year (2008) it has been my pleasure to serve as president of the Utah/Idaho Southern Baptist Convention. I look forward to another year (2009) and will listen with great anticipation to all God wants to teach me. The views that are expressed here are simply personal reflections on the satisfaction I have discovered in Christ. I will invite others to submit articles and you are always welcome to comment; either to humbly agree or lovingly disagree. (You should even feel free to offer corrections to my spelling errors and any grammatically incorrect sentence structures you find. And you most likely will find them here.)

It is my hope to post (at least) weekly on one of the following topics (but not only limited to the following topics. You should feel free to suggest topics of interest too) ...
  1. Biblical Doctrines that best define Baptists.
  2. Biblical Preaching.
  3. Evangelism and Discipleship.
  4. Missionary/church planter stories.
  5. Interviews of Baptists in Utah and Idaho.
  6. Informational dates and links of upcoming events in the UISBC.
Does your church have a website? Do you or your pastor have an ongoing blog and want a link for it here? If so, then please post the needed information by commenting below with your website address (please do not post any email addresses).

*about the header photo: The photo was taken at Ross Falls in the South Central Idaho. This region is high mountain desert. Ross Falls is a spring fed water fall, and where the water flows... Life Abounds, even in the desert.

2 comments:

  1. Why I'm Interested in This New Site
    Other "missional", church planter, church growth, doctrine, denominational, etc. blogs seem very irrelevant to Utah/Idaho. When reading many of these I can't help but think they might have a different perspective if they were closer to my neighborhood so to speak. I know that there is still a very diverse ecclesiology within our convention, but I think there is a lot we can all learn from each other. Also, I think there is a lot that Utah/Idaho has to offer to the larger conversation.

    And Paul, I'm stoked about the new site. One small request. If it doesn't make any difference to you, can you change the site feed setting to "Full"? I depend on Google Reader to get me through a bunch of posts quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett, Great to have you around. I'll make that change for you. Thanks brother!

    ReplyDelete